Click to hear the "Help is on the Way"
​theme song by Nancy Lamott.

  • Help is on the Way3:11

 SUPPORT FOR

HIV

PROgrams

HOSTED BY

Charles Herrera

Singer, actor, entertainer, and cabaret artist, Charles Herrera has appeared all over the country and abroad in musicals, operettas, cabaret shows and theatrical productions.  He has performed and produced his own critically acclaimed one-man shows in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Palm Springs.  Charles is the recipient of six DESERT STAR awards, all in the cabaret/variety show category.  He was last seen on the Desert Ensemble Theatre stage as an actor in the comedy/drama, Kafka’s Joke, for which he has been nominated for a Desert Star award as Lead Actor-Professional.  He most recently debuted the cabaret show, Duet: Feels Like Home, along with his partner, Jeff Barnett, at Feinstein’s at the Nikko in San Francisco.  Charles appears at The Purple Room Supper Club every Wednesday night alongside Michael Holmes and Darci Daniels.


Lynda Kay 

Song stylist and Gretsch guitarist Lynda Kay was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and is now based in Los Angeles, California.  She is known for her 4 octave contralto voice, big hair, and classic 1960’s style.  Lynda co-stars as herself in seasons 3 and 4 of the Golden-Globe Award Winning Series Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton.  Prior to her casting in Goliath, Lynda Kay also appeared as herself on FX’s Emmy Award winning series Justified performing her song “Jack & Coke” and several of her original songs were licensed to the series and featured on the Official Justified Soundtrack for Sony Madison Gate Records. “Goth-country siren, Lynda Kay, with her towering beehive and David Lynchian theatrics, is a compelling talent.” -Variety 
“Never, ever stop singing and dancing girl, you got what it takes!” -Quincy Jones
“She’s like Patsy Cline, Roy Orbison, and Dusty Springfield all rolled up into one!” -Billy Bob Thornton 
LyndaKay.com
Facebook.com/officiallyndakay
Instagram.com/lyndakayparker


BILLY L'AMOUR

Wigstylist by day and singing drag queen diva by night! Billy is a dazzling showgirl Star, a wonderful singer (no lip-syncing for him) and a gifted wig maker to some of America's favorite drag superstars. Billy L’Amour is a Goddess of Love, playfulness, magic and seduction.

MEALS ON WHEELS

Mizell delivers approximately 800 meals each weekday to homebound seniors and communal meal sites that stretch from Whitewater to the Salton Sea. Every meal is delivered by a staff driver who is CPR certified, trained in signs of elder abuse and is able to connect our homebound clients to our Outreach Coordinator for referral to additional services. Clients are asked to make a $3.00 contribution per meal.
     If a client has a pet, we also provide food for the animal through a special program in partnership with the Palm Springs Animal Shelter. During the holidays, each client receives a gift package of personal care items and we recognize birthdays, whenever possible.
     Our drivers are frequently the only person a homebound senior will see on a daily basis, making Meals on Wheels so much more than just a delivery service. It’s one of the primary reasons that our clients are able to age in place and retain their independence and dignity.
     Our nutrition program is funded via a contractual agreement with the County of Riverside Office on Aging. Our contract covers 80% of the program cost.  Mizell must raise the remaining 20% each year. The financial support we receive from individual contributions, grants and businesses is important and greatly appreciated. Help us keep this program strong by making a commitment to support Mizell.

Mark Bessey & John Schmall

SPONSORED BY

SOLD OUT

 UNDErSERVED

YOUTH

PROgrams

 FEEDING THE NEEDY

HUNGER

PROgrams

Providing aid for HIV services, hunger programs and support for homeless and disenfranchised youth and seniors